Conco is a leading provider of quality cleaning services for condensers and heat exchangers used in the US power generation industry. Conco offers an integrated system of service capabilities including cleaning, inspection and maintenance programs for cooling water systems used by all types of power plants and many industrial applications. Customers include many of the largest power plants (nuclear, coal, and natural gas) in North America.
Ameridan was engaged by a private equity group to perform market & customer diligence. The scope of the project included:
- Key criteria driving the purchase of heat exchanger cleaning services in power generation/industrial markets, and customer views regarding Conco’s performance relative to these criteria;
- Anticipated changes in these criteria, switching costs, and the stickiness of current customer relationships;
- Conco’s position in the marketplace and likely changes over the medium term;
- Trends in the demand for heat exchanger cleaning/testing services in Conco’s core markets;
- Market/customer views of Conco’s strengths and weaknesses vis-à-vis competitors including perspectives on obstacles in switching to the Company’s low-pressure approach.